IUI at Raffles Hospital?

Sunnie-->>my AF is suppose to be due this wk.i'm hoping that it doesn't come tis wk & nxt wk.it's really very stressful!
sad.gif

Sunnie,gd luck to you for your ivf this nov.
happy.gif

Winnepooh-->>rest well & take care!
happy.gif

Kola & rily--->>gd luck to both of you!
happy.gif

lots of baby dust to all of us..
happy.gif

Thanks ladies.

Today is my CD30 so i'm praying hard but my temperature dipped slightly this morning.. try not to think about it and hope it'll go up again tomorrow haahaa, if not just have to try again next month after my lap.

koala, when u doing ur lap?

just to mentally prepare u, during ur lap after GA is administered, they'll put a tube into ur throat to suck out ur saliva in case u choke on ur own saliva, after u wake up, u'll feel ur throat is very dry & have difficulty talking, my throat now hurts like hell & I'm drinking tons of water to moist my throat, hope it'll get better soon

Rily> Oh.. so you starting earlier than me. Keep me updated on your progress. God bless you ;-)

Ronniemini> sweeping hard "AF" away... shoo....
Relax, and AF will go away. ;-)

Winniepooh> try drinking honey... I think it will helps to soothe the throat

Winniepooh, I did the OP too and mine even worst, when woke up after GA gone, I vomitted v badly and instead of staying 1 day.. I stayed 2 days.... And throat really v dry and can't talk, when start to talk, will feel nausea... after i discharged frm hosp., i tried to gargle with salt water, and few days, will go off.... hope this help...

rily, I din vomit, just can't talk, I can eat but I take it easy, eat a few mouthful only, I din stay for 1 nite cos I really cannot rest well in hospital

Winnie / Rily,

I can only confirm the date when AF comes (any day now), so it'll most likely be on 23 Oct cos my gynae says she performs surgery every Tue. I wasnt aware that there will be such side effects, thanks for the warning. Could you feel it when they put the tube down the throat and take it out? Hope you get good rest and will be well soon.

Rily, did your doctor advise why you vommitted, is it becos of the tube?

Btw, did doctor advise when we can start ttc again after the lap?

Hi Kola,

Wat's AF means?
And TTC also?

I've OP to remove the cyst, you can't feel the tube in coz tat time you already under AG.

Doc mentioned some ppl are allegry to the AG, that's the reason why I vomited.

Rily> AF means menses and TTC means trying to conceive.

Koala> How is your BBT today? If it stay high, then got chance ;-)

I have been sick for 2 weeks and hope this will not affect anything. ;-(

last nite my throat hurts like hell so surrender to see GP, viola there's ulcer in my throat & I'm on antibiotic now, reason for it given by the GP is the infection caused by the tube during the op

OMG... which hosp u gone to?
sometimes wonder did they sterilize the thing? or when they poke into our throat v hard...

Winnie, think you better gargle more salt water... take care & get well soon.

rily, I went TMC, I dun have very fantastic experience with them also & after this op I lagi won't go back to do my ivf, today alone I already drank 1.5 ltr of plain water to moist my throat

koala, I din feel there's any tube went down my throat & I din even know until my friend told me, I thought the pain is normal & endure, last nite I felt sharp pain so surrender to see GP

Sunnie, no good news le.. BBT been dropping everyday so i'm just waiting for AF to come now
sad.gif
this is the most anxious yet dreadful wait every month. Must take care of your body well so that will be in tip top condition for IVF next mth.

Winnie, hope you'll feel better over the weekend. I wonder if my gynae is from TMC, can she do the lap in KK if I request?

Anyone knows when we can start TTC again after lap, is it immediately?

koala, if ur gynae is from TMC, I dun think she'll do ur lap in KK, but no harm trying to ask her

I seriously have no idea when we can start to TTC after lap cos I dun even know if my AF cycle is affected, today I went back to my gynae's clinic to change my dressing & I forgot to ask my gynae

winniepooh> That is a bad experience. They should compensate you for causing the infection. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care

Ronniemini> you are most welcome... I am ever ready to sweep AF away for all of us ;-). Still looking forward to your babydust.

Ladies> I am planning to go for two trips before my ivf in nov. One of them is even returning a day before my ivg. Do you think it is advisable? Will it be bad for my body condition?

sunnie, according to my mum, this infection is common, cos she had it before, but if u're lucky u'll not get it

Ohhhh... AF finally came today, after days of feeling cramp
sad.gif

Winnie, hope you're feeling better now. I was reading up more about lap and it says your condition is pretty common. I should be going for mine next Tuesday, waiting for the clinic to call me back tomorrow to confirm.

Sunnie, As long as you dont exhaust or overtire yourself during the holidays, I'm sure it will do you good than bad... that's what I think la. So nice, can have 2 hols! I had to cancel our planned Japan holiday cos of our medical bills and also since I'll be out of job soon haha.

koala, good luck to ur lap next tues, remember to fast 6 hrs before ur op. I went for review today & my gynae found endometrosis in my left ovary, it was at stage 1 & I'll be on 3 lucrin jabs, 1 mth each, during these 3 mths I'll be having "menopause" symptons & won't have my menses. timing just now when I intend to do ivf after cny

Winniepooh> what is endometrosis? Do take care and eat well. Wish you speedy recovery and all ready for ivf in feb and have a december baby.

Koala> Dun give up, another month is a better month to try again. ;-) All the best to your lap. Pray that you will not get the infection.

Ronniemini> two weeks liao.. any good news to share?

I may be going only for one holiday now.. like you, decided to keep the little money for ivf. anyway, my holiday all near near one. I envy you too lor.. can rest home and be tai tai ;-)

Winnie, I will start fasting the night before, kiasu a bit... Will also be drinking more water the few days before so that throat will not be so dry after the op. Sorry to hear about your endo. Was this something that your doctor suspected before the lap? Perhaps you want to try TCM at Thong Chai or Raffles to speed up the recovery stage.

Sunnie, thanks, have to jia you again. Just worried if doctor finds more serious problem after the lap, then have to delay TTC again. Where are you going for hol? Near near is still a hol ma... better than no holiday
happy.gif
Me no income so cannot be tai tai haahaa, still need to find a job but maybe after CNY.

koala, no need to fast the night before, I start fasting from 1030am, by 3pm I was a dry camel dying for a sip of water. my endo was only spotted during the lap, this lap is actually a blessing in disguise for me...hehe. wat time is ur lap next tues?

Koala> Don't worry too much. Everything will be fine. Be positive. We all need that. ;-). I am going to Vietnam at the mid of nov.

Winniepooh> Glad to hear eveything is going to be fine and it definitely a blessing.

sunnie, hope everything will proceed from now, but my hubby wan me to go to gynae & scan every 6 mths to make sure the cyst dun come back

Winnie / Sunnie
My lap is scheduled at 11am. I've requested to stay over at the hospital to claim my insurance. Getting bit nervous cos its my first surgery ever. But I'll remember to think positive all the time
happy.gif

Happyger
Have PM you... you received?

koala, no need to stay over in hospital if not necessary, my ins claim I need not stay cos I can claim day surgery

mentally prepare ur hubby that he can go down to OT area with u, remove all jewellery before u go hospital. u got any other question, feel free to ask me

koala, I just notice my typo error, ur hubby cannot go down to OT area with u, my hubby was so sad when the nurse ask him to go back to ward to wait for me

Heehee no problem. Tell your hubby he can go in next time when you're delivering your baby
happy.gif

Can I check with you, how big is your wound and is it very painful or obvious? Must wear lose-fit clothes?

koala, my wound not very big, just key-hole size.
first 2 days more painful for me, by the 3rd day it got better, I wore lose-fit clothes cos I dun wan to add too much pressure to the wound even though it was quite well protected by the dressing. if ur gynae is doing the INK test to check if ur tubes are blocked, be prepared to be spotting for indefinite amount of time, I'm spotting for close to 2 weeks & dun seem to be ending anytime soon

Winnie, luckily for your advice, I can be better prepared now. Thanks so much.

Happyger, have replied to your email too
happy.gif

Winnie, may I ask if your menses came earlier than usual or its your usual cycle?

Ronnie, sorry to hear... try again next month and jia you ok.

I tried to post yesterday but it did not happen...;-(

Winniepooh> You DH is so sweet. You will be pregnant within the next 6 months. So everything will be fine.

Koala> All the best to your lap today.

Ronniemini> Sorry to hear about it too. Don't give up okay? R u going to try IUI again?

I went to Dr Loh last week and ask about the TCM they offered and she mentioned it may help in ivf. Any comments?

sunnie, yesterday forum is down the whole day
sad.gif

after this lap I'll be seeing Dr Loh next mth to ask about ivf treatment, even though my problem is kinda resolved, but male fertility problem still exist, I dun think I'll try TCM cos I got needle phobia

koala, all the best for ur lap, at this hour u shld be waiting outside OT doing dunno how many times of verification, cos it happens to me & I feel like I was waiting to go up the gallow

Winniepooh> My DH also have male fertiliy problem, but the Dr Loh mentioned with ivf, male problem is no problem. hehe... I had just made an appt with the tcm. Hope all is going to work out fine for all of us

Thanks Sunnie/Winnie. I had wanted to stay a night at the hospital but came back instead last evening. Doc found mild endo and had it removed... I felt naeuous and dizzy once I started to get up from bed, but still found the energy to check out from hospital haahaa. Vommitted few times and the only comfortable position was to lie down.

Luckily didnt throw up anymore this morning. But it's still too painful to walk or do anything.

I heard that IVF chances is very high, so go for it and be positive!

Anglstraw, when did you had your lap and where was it done? I just had mine yesterday. I've done IUI once last month.

Back