TTC. Currently using ovulation kits.

Naq

Hello! Are there any TTC couples out there who are using ovulation kits? I actually have irregular periods & we're TTC. We've been testing for about a week now. The line progession is getting darker. But i need your opinion because the more i look at it, everything looks the same.
16167755382935622132299912592190.jpg
16167755570952643058795781999282.jpg

How long are your cycles typically? You will usually ovulate 10-16 days before the start of your period.

A positive ovulation test is when the test line is equally dark or darker than the test line. Your photos above are all negative results.

The time you take the test also matters. LH rises in early morning for most women (but not all, depends on individual pattern), and it take a few hours to show up in urine. So most women can get a peak result by late morning to early afternoon. However, if you drink a lot of water and your urine is clear, your urine may be too diluted and make the test negative.

How long are your cycles typically? You will usually ovulate 10-16 days before the start of your period.

A positive ovulation test is when the test line is equally dark or darker than the test line. Your photos above are all negative results.

The time you take the test also matters. LH rises in early morning for most women (but not all, depends on individual pattern), and it take a few hours to show up in urine. So most women can get a peak result by late morning to early afternoon. However, if you drink a lot of water and your urine is clear, your urine may be too diluted and make the test negative.

Hello, actually my cycles are unpredictable. Last year i only had my period twice but both induced by hormone pills. Only this year my period came on its own, so i just started taking ovulation tests. I do take my tests at different times of the day. In the beginning the tests were really faint. And i understand that my test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line.

But my test line progression is slowly getting darker as well. So im just wondering if it will keep getting darker when im getting closer to my fertile window or it will be faint lines till the day of or the day before i ovulate?

Hello, actually my cycles are unpredictable. Last year i only had my period twice but both induced by hormone pills. Only this year my period came on its own, so i just started taking ovulation tests. I do take my tests at different times of the day. In the beginning the tests were really faint. And i understand that my test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line.

But my test line progression is slowly getting darker as well. So im just wondering if it will keep getting darker when im getting closer to my fertile window or it will be faint lines till the day of or the day before i ovulate?

It depends on individual, some may see a progression, some may not. I used to test using FMU (first morning urine) and saw a slight progression, it was slightly darker and almost positive around 1-2 days before finally turning positive. Sometimes did not see any progression at all and it would be suddenly positive.

I would suggest you learn to track CM (cervical mucus) as well as an additional sign for you, since your cycles are so irregular.

Also, I don't agree with above comment about using digital ovulation tests. The cheapie test strips work just as well and will save you a lot of money since you're irregular. I'm irregular too so I know. :)

Good luck!

Hi anyone interested in clearblue fertility touch screen monitor for ovulation test letting go mine at $180. bought $390 pm me if interested.

Hello! Are there any TTC couples out there who are using ovulation kits? I actually have irregular periods & we're TTC. We've been testing for about a week now. The line progession is getting darker. But i need your opinion because the more i look at it, everything looks the same.View attachment 728487View attachment 728488

Hello! You can try using Premom app to take photo of the strips! They even help to calculate the ratio to see if you are ovulating!

Hello! You can try using Premom app to take photo of the strips! They even help to calculate the ratio to see if you are ovulating!

There's actually no real benefit of using an app to check the "darkness" or progression of the test line... OPK strips are either positive (test line is equally dark or darker than control line), or negative (test line is lighter than control line), and this can be judged visually.

Hi so i actually got a positive ovulation test but unfortunately my ttc cycle 1 ended when my period came haha. Now im on my 2nd cycle & on letrozole to induce ovulation

Hi everyone,
I have 2 boxes of Clearblue ovulation test kits, expiring 30 Sep 2024. There are 10 tests per box. Want to let go at cheap price. Please PM me if you're interested. Thank you.

Back