IVF overseas with Obstetrics care locally

Hopeful.C

Hi all, I just did my IVF overseas and will go for egg transfer in another 1-2 months. If successfully, I will need to look for a gynae in Singapore. Any recommendations? I heard some gynae would not take in patients who did not do IVF with them. Is this true? Thank you.

Hi. I did my IVF in KL last year and after the ET had bedrest in KL for about 1 week before returning to SG and did the blood test 14 days after the ET in SG with Dr Jonathan Wee at Mt E Novena Irene & Jon Clinic.

Was unsuccessful in that ivf cycle but managed to conceive naturally shortly after and he is my gynae in Sg ever since i tested positive for my pregnancy. He is caring and assuring with a good sense of humour and most importantly attentive and does not rush for time during your visit and would gladly answer all questions you may wish to ask. Would highly recommend him if you wish to find a gynae. He happens to be an accredited ivf clinician also so even if you successfully get pregnant via overseas ivf, i believe he would have the necessary knowledge to further advise you in SG. I did not do IVF with him earlier mainly because i preferred IVF with PGS and that was why i did my ivf overseas the last time.

Good luck to you on your journey !

Report •••

Hi. I did my IVF in KL last year and after the ET had bedrest in KL for about 1 week before returning to SG and did the blood test 14 days after the ET in SG with Dr Jonathan Wee at Mt E Novena Irene & Jon Clinic.

Was unsuccessful in that ivf cycle but managed to conceive naturally shortly after and he is my gynae in Sg ever since i tested positive for my pregnancy. He is caring and assuring with a good sense of humour and most importantly attentive and does not rush for time during your visit and would gladly answer all questions you may wish to ask. Would highly recommend him if you wish to find a gynae. He happens to be an accredited ivf clinician also so even if you successfully get pregnant via overseas ivf, i believe he would have the necessary knowledge to further advise you in SG. I did not do IVF with him earlier mainly because i preferred IVF with PGS and that was why i did my ivf overseas the last time.

Good luck to you on your journey !

Report •••

Hi perfectsolution can you share more details about which hospital/clinic you used, and how much it cost?
Thanks!

Hi. I used alpha fertility centre in petaling jaya. in all around sgd15k spent for one cycle of ivf with pgs testing.

Hi how does it work? Because the ivf require frequent visit to hospital every few days to check how well our body takes to the dosage of the jabs. Do you leave and enter sg every other day or you would stay in kl for a few weeks at one go?

Hi how does it work? Because the ivf require frequent visit to hospital every few days to check how well our body takes to the dosage of the jabs. Do you leave and enter sg every other day or you would stay in kl for a few weeks at one go?
Hi. I flew to KL only few times, but that was in year 2019 before there was any Covid so if you intend to fly to KL to do IVF now, situation is largely different.

Anyway, I went there on frequent one day trips meaning fly there early morning reach for appointment and then evening flight back to Singapore. First time I went for appointment, they explained to me how the procedures would be like and I purchased the medicine on the spot and flew back to SG the same day. Then, I would do the injections myself, communicate with them through whatsapp. They will then give a date to go again for doctor to scan and monitor the follicles to advise when will be retrieval of follicles. Then there will be a time need to retrieve follicles, for that I flew there and stayed for two days.
The last one is the date to insert the successful embryos. For that time, needed to have bedrest after put in embryo for about a week, so it was only that time I had to stay there for a week. The blood test after 2 weeks of putting in embryo could be done in Singapore.

Thank you for the detailed sharing. I have reached out to TMC and IVF bridge and asked about arrangements given COVID. Possible to have local gynae doing the checks, think min 3 trips..
(1) Initial consult + buy medication (possible to skip this if you don’t mind buying in SG which is pricier
(2) Egg retrieval (prior to that, all scans done in SG by local gynae
(3) Embryo implantation.

Thank you for the detailed sharing. I have reached out to TMC and IVF bridge and asked about arrangements given COVID. Possible to have local gynae doing the checks, think min 3 trips..
(1) Initial consult + buy medication (possible to skip this if you don’t mind buying in SG which is pricier
(2) Egg retrieval (prior to that, all scans done in SG by local gynae
(3) Embryo implantation.

Hi there is a local clinic that partner with clinic in Malaysia? I am interested in going to jb to do it. The clinic my husband emailed did not reply him

Hello! Congratulations on taking this important step! I highly recommend Health and Fertility Centre for Women, led by Dr. Kelly Loi in Singapore. Dr. Loi is renowned for her expertise and compassionate care. While some gynaecologists may have preferences, Dr. Loi and her team prioritize providing comprehensive support to all patients. Their commitment to personalized care makes them an excellent choice for your post-IVF journey. Wishing you a successful transfer and a smooth pregnancy ahead!

Back