Good gynae for treating endometriosis, fibroid

xueyan

Hi everyone

I know this topic has been discussed in different thread, but i really did not get very firm answers after reading the threads.

I have a myorectomy surgery in 2006, give birth to my boy in 2008. Now my endo is back. My gynae said it is around 7-8 cm and recommend a myorectomy again (open surgery). I am thinking of a good gynae that specializes in these female problems as i believe 7-8cm can still be remove by key hole surgery.

In some threads, some ladies said Peter Chew is good, but others find him too busy as he has too many patients.

Can some kind soul share your experience. Many thanks

Hi Xueyan i had a myomectomy and polypectomy in March 2011 and conceived my little girl 2 months later, whom my gynae also helped delivered. My gynae is Dr Teoh ES, his clinic is in Isetan Scotts. He is an expert in this area, very old and experienced. His pricing and packages are very reasonable for a private doc. I agree with you that you may need second opinion if you are deciding on a surgery. If you need a contact, do pm me.

Hi Jean

You are unable to accept pm. First of all, thanks for your reply. May I know how much did you spend on your myomectomy?
I know of some gynaes who just know the traditional ways of surgery. But I do understand that there is many new technology these days where they could remove fibroids thru vagina.
I would appreciate very much if you could provide more details of your gynae.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks again!

not knowing much of this endometriosis, fibroid

But would like to recommend my gynae, Dr Lee I Wuen at Raffles Hospital..

Xueyan,

Go for a second opinion. I had ovarian cysts and went for a keyhole surgery to remove. One of the cysts was 8cm.

I'm also trying to get a second opinion. My dr has recommended me w robotic assisted myorectomy but it's v costly. Has anyone tried dr Ann tan. Is she good?

can try dr irene chua at gleneagle
if i am not wrong, she was the head of the team which handle key hole surgery in KKH before she opened her own clinic at gleneagle

I have a friend who had the same problem. She is consulting with dr. Kang wee at Mt. Alvernia. Heard that the gyn is "motherly". Done surgery with her for the removal of fibrod.

Hi,

I just did an ultrasound and found out that I have 5 endometriotic cysts at both of my ovaries. I will be going to do a hormones blood test and a tube test as suggested by dr HH Tan from KKH. I’m of age and if I were to go for surgery, my egg count will drop but currently IVF isn’t recommended as there’s chance of infection.

I’m considering going for 2nd opinion. Does anyone have any recommendation? Also I heard about going for tcm. Any idea how it can be helpful for entrometrosis?

Hi,

I just did an ultrasound and found out that I have 5 endometriotic cysts at both of my ovaries. I will be going to do a hormones blood test and a tube test as suggested by dr HH Tan from KKH. I’m of age and if I were to go for surgery, my egg count will drop but currently IVF isn’t recommended as there’s chance of infection.

I’m considering going for 2nd opinion. Does anyone have any recommendation? Also I heard about going for tcm. Any idea how it can be helpful for entrometrosis?

Hello, maybe u can try Dr C.H. Koh, his clinic is located at TPY central. call to make appt first before u go down. He was my gynae for my first born and before tt i had ovarian cyst so he reckon to remove by keyhole surgery to have higher chance of concieving.

he is being introduced to me by my bil as his sisters all go to Dr Koh for woman issues. so far his judgements quite accurate.

you can try..

Hello, maybe u can try Dr C.H. Koh, his clinic is located at TPY central. call to make appt first before u go down. He was my gynae for my first born and before tt i had ovarian cyst so he reckon to remove by keyhole surgery to have higher chance of concieving.

he is being introduced to me by my bil as his sisters all go to Dr Koh for woman issues. so far his judgements quite accurate.

you can try..
Thanks! Will do some research on him!

I can recommend my gynaecologist who helped me treat my endometriosis. He is Dr Jen Shek Wei and his clinic is in Ang Mo Kio. He will provide suitable treatment for your condition. He's my gynae for almost a year now, and I never encountered any problems with his findings.

Back