Child who snoring when sleeping

jkids

Hi

My child has been snoring in his sleep. We brought him to see a doc at kkh. they give him some nose spray and ask us to go back in 3 mths time.

the 1st visit, doc said if the snoring is not cured, it could lead to child having heart problem, etc wen he grows up. give me more anxiety. is this really such a concern?

anyone can share your tots? thanks.

Hi J,

I think it would be best to get a 2nd opinion from another ENT doctor. Snoring can be caused of a variety of reasons but your ENT doctor will know what's the real condition or diagnosis of your child. I know a paediatric ENT doctor, his name is Dr Lau Chee Chong. Check him out.

Snoring if due to sleep apnea, if serious could lead to heart problems due to the oxygen cut off during his sleep. If it is just mild sleep apnea, he may outgrow it. U may suggest to ENT to do a sleep study. However, snoring might be due to enlarged tonsils (some born with it or due to allergies) Hence a nose spray is recommended.

I saw someone recommend Dr. Lau Chee Chong here. I would also like to recommend him. He has been our ENT doctor for 5 years now. Dr. Lau Chee Chong never failed to fill us with knowledge about our ENT health whenever we went for a consultation.

Back