(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

scrumpee, dun say that,elixir speaks alot of languages because of all the inputs from home...less mandarin cos no one speaks to him at home...he has a lot of play with my step-sisters who are young too thus he is more talkative.

lizy, same as u, i dun filter what elixir watch but i will tell him its wrong if there are fights and he will tell me ok and imitate to hit me but before landing his hand on me, he will say with a lil index finger 'no no no'...so i know he understands that its wrong...

God has been kind for making Elixir so sensible else i dun think i can leave him with my ah ma while i work...plus he is my motivation to move on happily...

he is still not toilet trained yet and reluctant to do so...haiz!!

pinkdemoness, Vera also not keen in toilet training. She tells us only after she has cleared her bowel. She's still prefer to stand up while doing her business. Potty remains to be her toy... Maybe she's not ready. We don't want to force her into toilet training.

<font color="ff0000">re. Coin rides</font>
idlecat, so far we hven't met nasty parents who ask us to get off juz coz they got coins. Actually I like other kids coming along esp if my little boy has been stuck in the ride for some time. Hee good chance to tell him to come off n share coz other kids want the ride too. Usually he will listen then
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">re. Supermarket</font>
haha jo's mummy, hi-5! My boy loves to moves things ard in the supermarket more than sitting in the trolley too. He will move abt the aisle n start shifting things abt. Has to keep clearing up after him, catching him to prevent him knocking into ppl or ppl knocking into him accidentally. My only successful trick to keep him in the trolley is to give him a plastic bag n pass him my selected fruits/tomatoes etc n ask him help me select again. He enjoys it
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">TOOTHPASTE</font>
can I chk with u mummies, if u r letting ur little ones use any toothpaste now n if yes, can share which one? I'm thinking of starting my boy on brushing with toothpaste but so many types - not sure if no slf is better or no saachine is better. Juz to make sure no fluoride? Haha confused!

jo's mummy, thanks for your feedback
happy.gif
it sounds good but not available in retail shops or bps right? haha i'm eyeing the brands orajel toddler toothpaste or first teeth toothpaste from bp and the pigeon toothpaste from kiddy palace. haha my mum was laughing at me earlier, she said in her time, just anyhow grab a toothpaste for us as long as we like the flavour, where got considered so many things :p

hello mummies..

has been a long time eversince i wrote...

how time flies....our little ones are turning or oredi 2 like ugin..
happy.gif

he is a naugthy yet adorable boy hahha makin me sometimes at a fiery at times really laugh to my tummy hurts..hahehe...

he is also in playschool....improvement????hmmmmmmm but i know he has become more independent..
happy.gif

and i have my ME time most of the morning...hehehe

now thinking of getting a part time course, job....hehehe

any recommendation????

ahahahha

take care mummies...

happy birthday to all kiddos here.. ;)

tris is undergoing the toilet training but his dad is not supporting and do not see the need to train him. saying he will auto knows it when he grows up. i dont think so. he merely sees our tristan during evening time and hates the part when tristan pee without informing and the cleaning up.. sian donno what to do. but i hope i can go hme on the dot after work everyday to participate more on training him + cleaning up rather rely on his dad.. =)

scrumpee
saw ur post on FB .. so glad for him calling out to YEE
happy.gif
YEAH !

idlecat,

My daughter also only sit in kiddy ride without coin. There was once she got a sponsored ride, very happy. lol. So far, never got "chased" by anyone but usually i will look out for kids or parents who are hanging there for very long. I will ask if they want to put coin and play. If they say yes, i will tell my daughter that it is time for others to sit the ride.

lizy - my girl also same. prefers to stand to poo.. i tried to make her sit on potty. she refuses. sigh. treats it as a toy as well.. will stand in it... put her toys in it... sit on it like a car n drag it across... grrr...

Missy, haha yes Vera does the same with her potty. I have been talking about going to toilet to her. Showing pics of toddler sitting on toilet bowl/potty to her. I thot I should start with talking about it first then slowly encourage her to put it in action. Hopefully she doesn't think her mummy is being naggy... :p

Hello Queenie
Thanks. Yes, I am happy too. At least a meaningful sound instead of babbling for no reason. Yesterday we tried to make him say 'de de' and 'de di'. He can do it too, so the next step is to make him know that 'de di' is his father. And 'mum mum' , he will say that when he sees food. Hiaz..never know making a kid talk is so difficult.

Potty train
Eames is potty train at home. We actually put a cup at a place near his reach and tell him to bring the cup to us when he wants to pee. This is how we train him. He got it and now hardly wear diapers. Right now, my mum is helping me to train him to pull down his pants to pee in the potty directly.

As for pooing pooing, he will make the 'urgh urgh' sound to let us know. We will then ask him to get his potty which he will and bring it to us. But of course, there will be 'accident' occasionally especially when he is too engrossed in his play or we did not pay enough attention to his signals.

Long time never post liao.. Hope everyone is fine..
Happy Birthday to all March Kiddo..

Potty Train
My girl refuse to sit on the toilet bowl. Was thinking should i buy a attractive potty like the fisherprice potty with a dummy flush? Scared buy liao, she dun want to sit then a waste of money..
SHe can say sheshe and poo poo but just refuse to tell me. only tell me after she did it. hai~

Talking
Very happy that she is progressing well before she is turning 2. I was so happy that we can communicate clearly to her. She can speak in full sentences now. Example: I want to eat apricot, I want to go home sleep. Whatever she needs anything, she will tell me and exactly what she wants.
I find her knowing alot of things without us teaching her. One day i carried her and was tired so pass over to my hubby. And she said, "mummy shou suan" .I am shock, cos i never teach her, she might have learnt it when i always say that to my hubby.. So funny..She knows how to interpret it.
She has been aggressively singing all day long. Surprise she knows alot of song already..
She can memorise some poems that i taught her long ago. How times flies, and our kids are all growing up.

srumpee
=) your most welcome! eventually i have faith that eames will start picking up words very fast! So envy that he is potty trained now..

i tried getting tristan sitting at his existing pottys at home but he cant sit for long still.. sit okay but not for poo poo purposes.

for urine part, he is okay using the urinal which i bought on BP here..

yesterday i even tried bringing him to kiddy palace to window shop for potty.. he loves one which he simply refused to gets up. i will try one day bring him down again to see if he really likes it before i make my purchase.

prosper
so nice to know that kayle is progressing so fast. tristan is also speaking enough to express what he wants what he dont wants. he is a chatter bird. so talkative. and i have to watch my words so he dont pick up the wrong words from me.. hope to see her soon so we can engage in conversations!

Prosper,

For potty training, initially i bought a cute bear potty for him but he just play with it, stand inside n put his toy inside the potty...then my mil bought those traditional red color potty for him, and slowly we managed to toilet train him.

For urine part, he is not ready yet. Sometimes, he will tell but most of the time he pee in the diapers. He is very notti, he likes to press the flush button. So we always kena cheated by him. He will say wan to she she but when we bring him to the toilet, he will follow me n whistle but after tat say "bu yao" n say "an"->press, wan to press the flush button.. always do this when we r outside/shopping.

Hi all, long time no post, am so sick down w stomah flu, vomit and cannot eat, lost 1-2 kg, seeing gynae this Thursday, wonder what he'll say. Moving house 1st week of April, hope that w be smooth going..., can feel baby kicking all the time...exhausted....:

prosper,

same here.. i have got a chatterbox who spends her time talking away. And she gossips! goodness, she is a real 3 8. lol.. also singing a lot of songs now.. think probably learnt them from her playgroup.

jo mummy ur boy is cute.. !

starflower happy bday! hope u recover soon..

asura shes is gaga .. always with her sunglasses. so kawaii

devil thank ger i got ur pm! pass the ctc to my fren le..

tristan also loves singing songs.. his fave is jesus loves me, ni wa wa, etc...

Starflower,

Take care and don tired urself ya..leave all the packings/unpackings job to ur hubby...rest more k...

Queenie, hehe..he is cute but sometimes he is really a monster...very notti and watever he wants (especially when he is lack of sleep) he must have it, or else he will cry his lungs out!

ya i think they r signing stage... kirs now sings abc &amp; twinkle little star.. but her pronounciation not there... lol.. have to sing along with her... trying to video it... but everytime i try, she stops... sigh

missy, my boy also likes to sing twinkle little star, also cannot pronounce properly..can only sing the last word of each sentence..e.g: tinkle tinkle lil star,how i ... are,.... high,.... sky

i don wan to video him, bcos he will just snatch my iphone away..now everyday after work, he will ask me for my phone, if i don give, he will cry..

go shopping also like this, he will ask me for “话”short form of "电话“..if i don give, he will cry loudly..'

missy, i saw ur post at fb re Kirs get lost at fairprice..after u found her, did u also cry?

hi scrumpee

i hardly come in here to read but just happened to see your sharing. i suspect my boy is an asd child too. weak eye contact, speech delay etc. have already fixed w neurologist to see him in july. i am considering to send him for speech therapy now. may i know how long have you started on eames? what does the speech therapist usually do with him?

i am not sure how you are feeling now. but i know it is not easy for us mummies to go through this period. it is emotional draining and heart wrenching at times. stay strong. we are the best mummies to our little babies.

Hi jo, k also always ask handphone handphone.
If i dun give in,she will pester on and on
She must see until no battery then she give in. Then ask me to charge...
So funny...

Jo mummy - nola. Nvr cry la. Lol. Thinking bk, i find it funny. Cnt believe i still wanted to pay for the stuff i was holding onto first before looking for her. Lol!!

Sigh ya nw she kips playin w my phone. Cn anyhw sms n call ppl!!! Zzzzzzz!!! Then keep saving photos... -.-" think she also deleted some games but i duno wad... See like lesser icons. Lol.

prosper, my boy only will return me when he wants to sleep..he will 1st lock the screen then ask me to keep n put it back to the place wher i always put.

ur girl so clever, still know to ask u to charge..my boy don understand..thou i told him no battery he insist wan to play with it...

missy, ya so funny u still go n pay..lol...

my boy always use my phone to take picture..everytime i hav to delete many many of the photos..but some photos r really funny...

iphone
I think all kids like iphone. My boy too and worse, he will pester us for ipad. Everytime we bring him home, he will walk to the study room to look for ipad or pull me to the room and point to the ipad.

jme
I will pm you

hi mummies,

can i check if any of your tots are skipping naps totally in the day?

my boy has refused to nap 3 out of 5 days this week. he usually wakes about 7am and will tong all the way till night time abt 7/8pm before he ko. used to have 2-3 hrs nap in the late afternoon but refused to zzz at all now. he is active and happy and i'm just concerned if it's too early to stop naps. though i do find it very difficult to force him to if he refused, sheezz...

Saw on FB that alot of Mar babies just celebrated their 2 year old Birthday. Once again, wish all Mar babies Happy Birthday and stay healthy always. My boy also celebrated his birthday a week earlier on Sat at the Little Gym, he enjoyed it alot and all of us had fun.

And after 2 weeks of MC, he is finally back to CC again this week. Hopefully no more MC. Poor him, he fell sick big time for 4 times eversince he went to CC, until we can apply for membership at KKH liao.

Sung
My boy still naps at least 2 hours in the afternoon.

iphone: im not really supporting of idea of kids using it gadgets ...worrying that kids cannot control their IT temptation.. so whenever he is touching my iphone i will inform him to return the phone to me as it belongs to me.. but sometimes i do let him view the photos in my iphone since all pics n videos copyright belongs to him..

Thanks Queenie &amp; mummies, gynae Put me on antibiotics &amp; am getting so much heartburn now I really can't eat much at every meal. Last gynae check, bb put on weight but overall, I lost 1kg in the 3 weeks tho I am still in acceptable range. Hope the heartburn goes away so I can enjoy food...

Hi mummies,

How's everyone here? Been quite a while since I popped in here.;)

Hy is speaking in sentences now like 'mummy wake up!' and he'll pat and use his hand to tap on my face or body. He could fake sleeping and fake a snore or two. Haha
My parents brought him out and they came back and tell me that hy seems 'sua ku' ( moutain turtle) and refused to listen when he's outside. He's also scared to walk and insist to be carried. Dunno why like this. Is it becos of lack of exposure?
But how to bring him out while towing another baby plus still breastfeeding.

I'm also contemplating to put him in another playgroup for 3 hrs in the morning instead of his current sch which is a half day afternoon childcare (4hrs). He only cries and wants to sleep in his current sch and dun do much activities. The principal can't guarantee when there wil be a vacancy for morning class. Somehow I also feel childcare environment very chaotic cos so many students around. Haiz headache lor.

Hi Missy,

I'm seriously considering tht. Just checked out two other 'schools' near my place.. Offering morning playgroup in small groups in a smaller setting.

Just sent hy to sch after absence for 6 days (weekends, 1 day sch closure, 3 days sick) he screamed and cried more than ever before. Clinged to me and the teacher just come out and grabbed him. I felt like stopping his school there and then. Could hear him crying and screaming even after I left
the school. Super heartpain for me...

Tomorrow morning bringing him to one of the 'schools' near my place, to view an enrichment class. If everything ok will serve notice to his current cc and switch him over.

What time does class starts for Kirsten at her cc? She's in full day right?

straws - ya kirs goes full day. currently shes taking the sch bus. hee. it picks her up from our porch at 8.15am and drops her back at 6.30pm... i think hy is crying not only becos of new environment but also lack of proper sleep... if he gets his nap, im sure he will be better... anyhow, kirs cried the 1st 2 mths. -_-"for the sch bus, we jus started this mth. hee. she cried 1st 2 days... after that i spoke to her abt it.. and she was ok... the night before bed, i told her tmr u goin going to sch ok? she nodded her head.. i told her u r goin to take the sch bus with yr frns ok? she nodded her head... then i told her u must be a good girl and dont cry ok? then she nodded her head... hee... the next day, my mum brought her down to wait for the bus... then my mum told me, she didnt cry, went up the bus, even waved bye bye to my mum!!! ahahaha! so cute righT? hee...

im sure hy can do it too! u jus have to perservere! find something more suitable for his timing and it will be fine... whichever school u opt for, make sure u act fast, my side here all waiting list...
sad.gif

Kee has been down w stomach virus, skipped school last 2 days. Can tell he was so bored at home, hanging his head low, walking around listless. I think I must be a very boring mum to stay home with...then when his daddy came home, he told him 'emma' and would take out his school art/craft friendship art &amp; point to emma's handprint everyday....when I asked him if he wanted to go school, he quickly said Yes! &amp; ran to get his uniform, imagine that!

starflower, hope Kee get well soon. Poor boy! Hugs..
Is good that he wants to go to school. Probably he misses his friends and the actitives in school. Dun worry, u are thinking too much.
happy.gif

Anyone thinking to bring your tots to any of the class when they are 2.5yrs?
I am thinking of speech and drama class. Anyone of you thinking of this too or any other is better?

K is very talkative nowadays. She is speaking in full sentences now. And we totally understands what she is implying to. And we really think she has grown up.
That day my hb and i are arguing very loudly, she was there and shouted: dun want..怕怕。

Lenny,

ugly duckling show was 45 mins with no break. A narrator did all the telling and singing. Big puppets and some interaction with audience. My Hubby said low cost production. Haha. I feel that it is ok since only paid $25 per pax mah. Taught the kids not to tease. Quite gd if Bree can understand that. Try to get at least 1st 8 row seats for better view.

starflower. hopes kee recovers soon!

prosper.. im thinking of bringing for some enrichment but still taking my own sweet time.
when i was blickering with hubby tristan will look at us immediately and froze there.. the next moment if we continues he will say no no etc. or 怕怕..
sometimes he will even take our hands and his hand together and hold.. argh so bth his cuteness at times.

missycandy
wow. kirs take sch bus to sch! so bravo.. my cc is too near my place so no chance for him to tk bus .. lol but he ever took sch bus out to performance at yck area. i wonder how he behaves during the ride..

Queenie, so good ur boy will not ask for the iphone...my boy will ask for it every now n then...i feel so frustrated..every meal times outside, he will ask for my iphone to play with..before this he will eat his rice himself...now he will eat a few spoonful then push the bowl to me n ask me to feed him while ask me to give him my phone..if i don give, he don wan eat n will cry out loud in de restn...
i dunno how can i kick his bad habit away..mayb im not strict enuf...in order not to let him make noise in de restn, i will give him wat he wants..

he always like to eat our foods/side dishes instead of his own rice/noodles..he will also ask for our canned drinks/cold drinks everytime..unless we let him have a sip of de cold drinks, if not , he wont wan to eat his meal...i wonder if he is a picky eater...

Jo's mummy
Haha my son is not iphone addict.. But he's a DVD addict ESP to Barney n Elmo etc.. But try my best to keep him busy with other things. Nowadays he quite guai in the sense he won't bug me to on the show for him and watch till he fall aslp.. If ur darling wan iPhone outside maybe u can try distract him by giving him a paper n a pen to draw? That's what my hb always do.. By drawing cartoons on tristan's request.

Haha Abt ur darling always wants ur food or drink? Can't think of any gd solution for u leh.. I always turn tristan off my food as I will add chilli on it n offered him but I knows he will reject my offer.. Lol..

Back