(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

anyone?
happy.gif

hi miz_hopeful,

I just discovered that i'm preggy last friday....how abt you ? how many weeks are you in now ? i'm seeing a gynae on wed....how abt u ?
happy.gif

hi luvflower!

I got a + using clearblue last thursday nite. I went to GP to confirm pregnancy the next day on Friday.
happy.gif
We very similar cases!

Based on my last first day of menses which was 2nd Sept, I am now 5 weeks preggy. Should be 6 weeks this coming Friday.

Me going to see gynae Dr Judy Wong for a 1st appt tmr evening at the AMK clinic to see what she's like..

this is so exciting.. my EDD is 9th June 06. You?
happy.gif

hi miz_hopeful,

ya we are quite smiliar....i am going to my gynae tom morning to confirm pregnancy and for check up as well.....but my last first day of menses was at 11th Sept....so i'm only 4 week +...dun know can see anything or not on tom visit...mine is at Mount E and is a female too haha just like yrs cos i feel too paisei to face a male gynae. Will keep u update after my visit hehe..enjoy chatting with u here
happy.gif

Hi

I just confirmd my pregnancy with the doctor today and seeing he gyne this afternoon. So excited. I am probably newly pregnant so abt 1 week? Doccalculated abt june 06 if everything is smooth.

hihi..

me too EDD by GP is in june 11..my gynae appointment is next tues..now still thinking who to go to..whether my choice of Dr Lim AL @ TMC is correct..

haha

hi ladies,

can i join in? i saw my gynae last night and saw my bb's heartbeat!
happy.gif
based on the bb's size, EDD is 3rd june...

finally there is a thread for me to join in....

This is my second pregnacy still very anxious coz i will be seeing my gyna this afternoon..

Cookiemz- how many weeks are you in now??

morning ladies
happy.gif

so happy to see more of us in this thread..

cookiemz: congrats! must be very exciting to see the bb heartbeat rite? how many weeks are you oready?

i went to gynae last tues but gynae say too early to see anything.. going back again in 2 weeks time.. hopefully by then can see something
happy.gif

anyone has MS yet?

i started feeling rather unwell yest morning. today i have this bile taste in my throat.. quite horrible.. constantly feeling like vomitting... urgh!

hi mother_of_a_princess & miz_hopeful,

i'm supposed to be reaching 6 weeks end of this week, but my scan put me at 6 wk 4 days. this is my first and i was so relieved and happy to see the bb heartbeat coz i had spotting for the past week which worried me to no end.
happy.gif

do update after your gynae visits..

miz_hopeful,

i dun think i have MS yet, but sometimes after drinking Anmum or quaker oats, i feel very nauseated. heard that MS is a sign that the pregnancy is progressing well, so juz bear with it for few more weeks.

Hi mommy-to-be,

I just discovered my pregnancy two days ago. Went to doc yesterday. Doc says sac looks like 2-3weeks, the most 4 weeks only. Am worried coz I am supposed to be in beginning of week 6. Think my EDD is 14/6/06 (how do u girls do the calculation?). What abt u girls here? You girls having morning sickness already? So early? I still haven't had anything yet. btw, at what stage were u girls have the u/s scan done and did he gynae manage to measure the sac?

mother of a princess,
This is my 2nd pregnancy too. How old is your 1st now? Mine is 15months. My period was very irregular, so very difficult to date the pregnancy. Besides, the doc was unable to measure the sac as well.

if i tell you then you will be very surprise....
My gal gal is only 6mths plus... both pregnacy was on first cycle of clomid cause i got no ovulation... then at the same time i still partial breast feeding my princess...tdy goin to see gyna so hope to see the heartbeat lor....

mother of a princess,

me same situation as u. I just found out about my pregnancy 2 weeks ago... and went to see my gynae last weekend but only see the sac only so going back this week again to scan.

my son also 6 months plus only hehehe
happy.gif
was yours a planned one ? How come u want to have another one so soon since you are on clomid ?

I had my son with SO-IUI previously... I took clomid for 1 cycle this time and the next, I stop my clomid pills halfway and then I did conceived. So dunno becos clomid or wat...

Wow! mother of a princess & poohy! ur kids only 6mths? pei fu pei fu. Am still breastfeeding my 1st too, so surprised when we got this 2nd one.

poohy, i saw ur blog.... mine is a plan wan..cause i know i can't conceived naturally so i took clomid again. i don't want their age gap to be too far apart... and don wan to wait for a few more years then go thru the whole process again mah...then what abt you?? When is your CD1.. mine was on 29 aug.. so nw should be 6 weeks and 3days.. so u think can see heart beat a not huh???

Hi cookiemz,

u oso feel uncomfortable aft drinking anmum?me too.actually,i dun really like drinking milk powder.i always drink HL etc..but fren say powder milk better n more nutritious.so no choice but to force it dwn every morning n nite.

mother of a princess,

me too din want to have big age gap... scared later i no strength to take care of them anymore.. cos i am already turning 30 years old this year
sad.gif
My cd1 is 25aug. But when i went for the scan last saturday, cant see heartbeat yet... makes me a bit worried... but also dun wanna think too much since another scan will be done on this saturday again. My gynae gave me a jab to provide more hormonal support for this pregnancy. Mine's also planned baby.

hey, have u seen a gynae yet ? Is your gynae supportive of you conceiving again so soon ?
happy.gif

hihi

I don't know if I should be worried but i have some slight cramps for a few days already, on the left side.. Not sure what this means.

hi,,

just came bck frm gyna visit.. so sad cause can only see the water bag...suppose to be 6 week plus but it show only 5 week plus..goin bck in another 2 weeks time...

poohy- i did not went bck to my previous gyna cause she can't do a good job...imagine till now my wound still bleeds... and my current gyna said that the wound is still raw thats y it still bleed when i wipe too rough..

hi Miz_hopeful & Mother of princess,

me too leh....went to 2 gynaes (kiasu) and both says that too early to see anything only managed to see the waterbag which they says is of good size....so hv arranged to go back for scanning on 24/10/05 (mon)....

I went to my first gynae (female) at mount E but found her a bit bochap type and somemore keep on emphasising that if along the way, something turn up not right there is nothing we can do...its only natural. This makes me a bit "unsecure" to stay with her. So, this afternoon I went to another gynae this time a male one (Dr Fong Yang) at the Paragon...I find that he is very good !!! and gentle and can understand how gan cheong i am since this is the 1st one for me and HB. He even prescribe some "an tai yao" for me to take for 10 days and then go back to give for further scanning and by then i will be able to see the sac clearly CHEERS
happy.gif

Hi all the MTB, once again congrats to all !!! and our dreams really came true
happy.gif

mother of a princess & luvflower,
I also changed my gynae this time round. This gynae is male too Dr Paul Tseng from TMC. Much better.
Think it is too early to see the baby at 6weeks. I remember seeing the yolk only at 9weeks for my 1st child. Now, I only want the gynae to date the bb properly that's why see him so early.
Did he measure for you? How big the sac now? I was so sad, doc said my sac too small now cannot measure. But when I went to the gynae when my 1st was 4 weeks, we could measure what! I am worried for this pregnancy coz gynae said looks like 2-3 weeks only at most 4 weeks, when I thought I was at least 5 weeks.

hi all... i'm a mummy from aug/sept 05 mtb's thread... just wondering whether any of you interested to buy avent milk bottles (125ml) @ $5 each. prefer those who are staying at sengkang or punggol area so i can deliver to your place. if you are interested... you can email me at [email protected]

thanks

hi emily,

maybe it is still early for you.. i'm already 6 wks + and still no MS, no sore boobs.. dunno if this is normal.

when are you going for your 2nd scan?

hi angeline,

wow, you still manage to drink anmum twice a day. i am lazy.. only drink it once in 2-3 days
happy.gif
it doesn't taste that bad if i add alot of water and drink it at room temp.

Hi cookiemz,

No choice leh..just bought chocolate flavour..but scared if drink too much,bb cum out black black..haiz..i oso drink normal temp..no cold drinks for me asp my mum..just went for my 1st gynae visit..at 6weeks,still cant hear the heartbeat,can onli c the waterbag in the wimb.doc say everything normal except for the heartbeat so got to go back 2wks later to scan again..oso,got give me "AN TAI YAO" to eat.oh,btw,i get diahorrea more often now due to the MILK POWDER!!doc say its like this..he ask me to cut to once a day if i cant tahan..

Eh,4get to add..i oso didn hav much MS...(touch wood)!! except for stomach cramping n sore breasts..felt it grown bigger n the nipple sometimes swollen n painful..wonder how now..haiz...

hi angeline,

i prefer original flavour of anmum.. the choc one tastes abit funny leh, i had to mix in milo to cover the taste!

wat 'an tai yao' your gynae prescribe for u? i only take folic acid and duphaston.

emily,

it shd be ok with no MS wan lah... when I had my first child, also no MS at all throughout the pregnancy.

but my current one, slightly so far... and i am abt 5-6weeks too.

cookiemz, how come u all start to drink milk so early ah ? thought normally people start in 2nd trimester. But normally i dun take milk at all.. cos i am very scared it will make me fat. I only take calcium supplement.

as u know i am seeing dr yeong, he had already started me on the fish oil, calcium supplement liao... so fast hor! cos the last time i only start in 2nd trimester. Oh btw, duphaston is also "an tai yao". I took that last time but this time, I am taking utrogestan instead.

Hi everyone,

Im a sporean living in europe. Just found out im pregnant, but guess wat? here must wait until 10weeks dan can make appt to see doc or midwife. Unbelievable, right? Told my husband dat i wanna go back spore and deliver, cos here they take things so lightly, but obviously dats out of the question, cos last tri normally cant fly. Sigh... so all i can do is wait.
sad.gif

Anyway, anyone got advise on what we can eat and what we cant? All i know is i have to cut down on coffee and coke and stuff wif caffine, and must eat alot of green leafy veg, milk and must take folic acid pills everyday. Anything need i need to take note of? Ive got very strong craving for jap food, including sashimi. Are we allowed to eat raw fish, i wonder. Any advise is very welcome and appreciated. I dont trust info from here.. hahaha.. Thanks in advance, gals!

hi gals,

Me also dun hv much MS...maybe only sore breasts and feel hungry more frequent than b4 pregnant...

Did anyone of you start to look around for maternity clothings ? I'm very kiasu cos yesterday I was bored at home so went for shopping and immediately bought abt $500 + of maternity dresses/tops !! However, I was told by my sis that I cannot and should not buy the clothings so soon especially when i'm 5 weeks only cos pregnancy still not stable must wait till after 12 weeks then can buy *pantang* *touchwood* just in case.....but i went ahead to buy cos all comes in 1 piece only which i liked the designs (modern and nice for office wear)...so just bought it and keep it away in the storeroom first and dun see it until everything is stable.....

Btw, did anyone of you intend to keep the pregnant new till after 12 weeks ? I dun intend to tell my colleagues especially some of the aunties in my office are very kaypo type...but later scare that they will ask me why i put on weight and wearing loose clothings and flat shoes instead of my fav high heels..haha..

Hi...

I also juz found out that i m pregnant.. 5 wks already.. abit gan chong as 1st time..hee hee.. so glad to find u gals who are in the same stage.. hee hee.. can share experience??

Think I am getting paranoid.. do u gals constantly wonder whether the baby is ok inside your tummy???

Hi gals,

First of all, congrats on your pregnancy. The miracle has begun!
happy.gif

Peng, im also 5 wks and yes, starting to feel paranoid like hell. Every cramp, every spot freaks me out! Hahah.. but i guess its normal, lah. first time, so fear of the unknown and all dat jazz.

Luvflower, im also thinking of waiting till 12 weeks b4 telling anyone, cos as they all say, first 3 mths anything can happen. (choy! Touch wood!). And i can onee go for first check up between 10-12 weeks. Just hope dat i dun grow too fat and obvious so soon. But some days i cannot tahan, wanna tell people, so dats why i ended up posting in this forum! hahaha..
happy.gif

Hey, no one has answered by qn yet. Are we allowed to eat sashimi??? I got craving, but scared to eat until i get green light.

hi poohy,

i have been drinking anmum since my TTC days, coz it is rich in folate and got nutrition.. my fren told me its good for baby development so i follow lor
happy.gif

can we start on fish oil and calcium supplement in our 1st trimester? i thought its usually in 2nd or 3rd trimester when we add on all the supplements.. my hubby always scold me for not eating fish.. think i shd start taking it. what brand are you taking? can we get it from outside?

hi snoep,

it's not advisable to consume raw food and soft cheeses during pregnancy, coz the bacteria found in such food may not be good for the fetus.

hi luvflower,

there are supposedly alot of 'rules and regulations' once we become preggie.. cannot attend 'red' or 'white' occasions in 1st 3 months, cannot buy baby's stuff and clothes too early, must keep low profile during 1st trimester etc etc.. haha.. but it's kind of hard not to tell pple when we finally get pregnant and wan to shout to the whole world..
biggrin.gif

hi peng,

it's natural to want to know how's our bb developing... i was quite tempted to go to the gynae every week to scan, juz to check that it is alright and growing, but i guess nobody does that. so have to "ren" till next appt.

have you seen your gynae yet?

hi snoep,

ya agree with cookiemz that we cannot eat raw food during pregnancy cos there will be lots of bateria...please dun eat ok...and no cooling foods and no watermelon and cannot eat "bu" things first within this 3 months. Must listen ok since you are in europe now anyone to take care of you ?....cannnot imagine hv to wait to 10 weeks then can fix appt to visit gynae and to scan (funny rules leh)....maybe the asians are more uptight and anxious than the westerners....

Right now i hv the same thoughts as cookiemz....i also dun might to go to the gynae every week to scan and see how far and good the baby grows
happy.gif
but of course its impossible lar...maybe only visit to the gynae once in 2 weeks....Yes yes and "hard" to keep this a secret and really wish to shout out loud that you are pregnant and let everyone around to share your joy and happiness.

May I know anyone interested to list down which gynae you are visiting and your EDD and which hospital you intend to deliver at ?

Good day
happy.gif

Hi cookiemz,

Same loh..i oso taking duphaston n folic acid.i prefer choco favour coz it covers the milk powder smell.

Hi poohy,

My fren who has jus gave birth said better to start early, n she passes me all her leftovers n samples..haha

Hi luvflower,

Ya,me too got go look look see see for the maternity clothes.felt so awkward when trying..so BIG!!cant imagine me wearing them later.i didn buy much yet.but i tink i more KS than u.i started to chk prices for diapers liao so tt if got sale then can buy them in bulk(like wat my fren did)..hahaha

Hi

So happy to find so many of u.. congras to u gals..

My EDD is 14 June.. I am still sourcing for a gynae, though have just seen one.. so not too sure shd stick to him..

Yeah.. very scary to have a baby growing in u right? Every minute wonder whether he/she is ok.. haha.. i oso thought of going for scan every wk.. haha.. if can, can go everyday...

luvflower, pls dun eat sashimi.. cos i was told by gynae not to.. oso pls wash your hands after touching cats cos their faceas have bateria that is harmful to the baby.. even for dogs, pls be careful cos they mix with the cats..

Have u gals decided on the gynae??

Thanks for your advise, cookiemz & luvflower, i wun eat sashimi then. Just have to tahan for the sake of my little precious pea.
happy.gif
I find this forum really useful, to share our fears and joys.

Luvflower, dont worry abt me, no one to take care of me, i will take care of myself... Have to, lor, no choice. My poor hubby is as clueless abt this new experience as i am, so its the blind leading the blind! hahaha..
happy.gif

Cookiemz, according to info here, we can start taking fish oil oredi in 1st trimester. I force myself to eat oily fish (salmon/makarel, etc - cooked of cos!) at least twice a week. Good for the development of baby's brain. And if you eat more dan twice a week dan not necessary to take supplements oredi.

hi peng,

thanks, dun worry i wont eat sashimi for the time being...cos snoep is asking us if she is able to eat but i tell her cannot eat too
happy.gif

hi Angeline,

wow sai u really more kan cheong than me...now looking at the diapers liao haha....but its also true that if really got sales now can grab them first cos its so ex to buy diapers and milk powder...but how do you know what size to buy leh ? if bought the wrong size then wasted $$ how ?

Dun mind me asking, how many weeks are you all in right now ? I am turning week 5 now....and schedule for my 2nd visit to gynae on 24/10...hoping to see more than a water bag like the previous scan....and does anyone of you going thru the vagina scan or tummy scan ?

hi gals,

kindly update all of us here after your every visit/scan with gynae ok...
happy.gif
really wish to know how everyone is doing since our babies are all growing abt the same stage ya....
happy.gif

Cheers !!!

good morning gals,

my EDD is 3/6/06 and i'm seeing Dr SF Loh at KKH. he's my IVF gynae and i think he's the best person to follow my pregnancy thru. i had a v-scan last week and bb is abt 6mm
happy.gif

hi snoep,

fish fried in batter (the fish and chip kind) can count as eating fish anot? hehehe... how long have you been staying in europe? planning on coming back after baby is born?

oh ya, my gynae also advised me to avoid crowded places during early pregnancy to reduce chances of catching flu & other bugs.

wah, you gals started buying maternity dresses and checking diaper prices liao.. so far i only stepped into MOthersWork at Forum and wow, not cheap huh. if have to buy, might as well start early and wear all the way hor..

if any of you come across those baby journals with pockets for ultrasound scan pics, pls let me know hor
happy.gif
thks

hi girls,
thanks for the support. I very gan cheong... especially after what my gynae said. Who will not be, right?

Can see that this thread is very active during weekends. For me, I only check in on weekdays coz weekend, need to rest and spend time with my kid.

snoep, no raw sashimi during pregnancy. Sigh! I ate lots of it during buffet the other day when I didn't know I was preg... hope everything is fine.

Am feeling sooo tired today... wish I can take a day off, but cannot since today and tomorrow have iso audit. <yawn!>

do u gals have cramp??? I had initially, but now suddenly stopped for 3 days!!! Wonder bb is still here.. worried.. feel like going to chk today..

Hi gals,

Do u mind another additional member?
I just found out last fri that I'm 3 weeks preggy, my EDD is 18th June 2006. Its my 1st

Hi Gals,

Allow me to join you all. I've just came back from the gynae and I'm 4 weeks preggy. My EDD is 19th June 2006, it's also my first...
Now I'm getting paranoid over every little things... rgh!!!

Back