(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Rochelle,
thanks for the info, so glad that at least the jabs are cheap..

There's nothing much in Utah, so we hv been visiting many national parks..hehe..but the surprising thing is my boy seemed to be able to appreciate the canyons quite well, he enjoyed the trip (bryce&zion)..So u can do the road trip even now if u dun want to wait longer..

We just visited yellowstone&grand teton on 4july long weekend, way too big to explore for 3D2N.

From our place to Yellowstone is already taking full 6hr, from your place isn't it taking longer drive?

Super Walmart=Walmart Supercenter?
I already find walmart supercenter so huge to shop around,everytime we go just shop at the few usual lanes already take 2hrs (I find it so big tat until now I cannot find weighing scale to step on, so I dunno how much weight I’ve gain ever since coming here hehhee!) …I’m surprise to know got bigger walmart than that??

weoseek,

Super Walmart=Walmart Supercenter
been to really big ones.

from my place to yellowstone have to go thru bryce and zion. will be a 3 wk road trip. so wait until hubby qualify for 1mth paid leave.

we went to grand canyon during road trip to LA - San Diego - Las Vegas
spent 12 days on the road.

my DD has stranger anxiety since 8mths old and even now will still cry or not look at us if she happens to meet someone she doesn't know or haven't seen for a long while....anyone with similar problems?? if we ask her later, she says she is too shy! any tips for overcoming this?? even at the playground, she wouldn't do anything cos some kids want to play with her.....if she knows the people well, she's very social and friendly....she also takes a long time to warm up to people in a new setting....i don't know if this is just a phase and should i discuss this with her or just keep quiet and let her be??

Adeline,

my 3yr old is also like your DD. some outgrow some dont. my 3yr old is the shy cautious kind. even the paed also say so.

Hi mommies, long time no see...how are you all?

i'm sending my girl to join this programme.
anyone want to come along? it's very close by at Great World City.

Junior Angel's Club (JAC) KIDS' AFTERNOON OUT
AT GRACE KIDS

Venue: Grace Kids, 1 Kim Seng Promenade,
Great World City, #03-06/10, Singapore 237994

Date: Sat 16 August 2008

Time: 4pm to 6pm

Exclusive Junior Angels Club Member’s Price: $35/child (Usual Price $70),
Non member : $45/child

Suitable for kids 12 months and above

Does your children like
to sing and groove?
get creative with their hands?

Here’s your chance to see how kids truly have fun at Grace Kids.

Immerse yourself in an exhilaring session of music & movement then create your own masterpiece in a creative craft workshop.
You will also take home a special goodie bag!

Come dressed in your JAC Club T-Shirt and be prepared for an afternoon of
non-stop FUN!

To register please call 63580055/63508876
or email at : [email protected]

Registration closes Wednesday 13 August 2008.

For more information on this event, log on to :

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/events.htm

For more information on Grace Kids, log on to www.gracekids.com.sg

i don't mind coordinating if anyone interested.

rochelle
i think us mums all want our kids to be more sociable and make friends easily so it pains me to see how timid she is even though she really wants to join in. Last few days, hubby and I devise a plan to take her to the playground but pretend to be talking to each other so that we couldn't play with her. Usually we interact with her a lot at the playground but we notice that most kids play on their own unless they are v. young. She was annoyed at first but she has been interacting more and more with the kids there
happy.gif
she's still v. shy and would run back to us every time someone is too forward but she is getting so much better at it
happy.gif

Adeline,

thats good. my boys interact with each other but the older one is more cautious. he will look people up and down like everyone is a criminal. the paed say its good to have a cautious kid as long as he is ok with teamwork. he does teamwork ok just take v long to be comfortable with people

Mujmuj,

Hello...nope, i got the email on this JAC event too, but I won't be gg. Am expecting my #2 now, and this preg has been rough, now on long MC to bed rest.

Wonder how are the rest of the mummies doing?

rochelle,
I just got back from the states last wk..everything back to normal working life, and my boy back to school..quite sianz

3wks road trip sounds tedious to me..especially its a national park tour with certain hiking needed..I couldn't even tahan a 3D2N yellowstone, by the 2nd day, me and my boy was sleeping in the car..while hb get down the car to take pic of the scenary himself..hehe..

hi fairymoss,
It's me the Whampoa neighbour, in case you forgotten..Congrats on your pregnancy!! How many wks are you now? and when's the Edd?
Do take care and hang on there, things will get better..

Where is Declan studying now ? Still taken care by your mum?

weoseek,

I grew up in Bendemeer. at the point blocks next to the community centre and wet market.

I am the one take photo. hubby prefer to rest in car.

Weoseek,

yes, of course i still remember u. Heehee, that time u send me the itinerary for Perth, in the end I didn't go, but went to Japan instead. Now in my 8th week nia, Mar then deliver. still a long way, u delivering soon?

Declan still at the Edu-Montessori for daily programme. I think probably would let him continue there till K2 since he's progressing well and Mummy also lazy to find him another sch. Yeap, still under Mum's care. How's your boy? Are u still at WP during weekdays and back home on weekends?

Rochelle,

Hello, Bendemeer near Whampoa too!!! So probably we have seen each other last time!

Hello, Mummies!

Long time no post liao!
Lately my gal has been misbehaving in the class till the form teacher complained to us.

Refused to share toys, pushing other kids...
Seems like she is becoming a little tyrant liao, oh no!!

I better try hard to conceive and give her a sibling fast... kekeke

Are all of you happy with the new M&P Package?
I like the part where I can get 6 days CCL, plus more tax reliefs!

Instead of 4mth ML, I rather have the govt to pay for our delivery! kekeke

Liewlian,

I think the bosses rather the govt pay for delivery than 4mth ML. becos they need to pay for temp staff while mums are having the maternity leave.

I agree with u, Rochelle!

BTW, Mummies, any good tips to share on how I can teach Fybie not to beat people...

I have been telling her she will lose her friends, and people will not like her but it is not working...

Last Friday, she was asked to stand outside classroom cos she pushed her classmate. And she has the guts to tell me proudly when I went home! Pengs!

LiewLian
last week my dd Chelsea hit another girl with her water bottle. Think she was playing and swinging the water bottle and hit the girl's chin. I don't think the teacher punished her so when we reached home, I gave her a time out in her crib which she hated. It was only for 10 minutes but she was wailing like crazy. I hoped that she got the message that if she hit someone, she would be punished. I explained before to her how hitting someone else hurts them and she wouldn't want it done to her and she would not have any friends etc...but i think punishment is necessary to make her remember her wrongdoings.

Hopefully that would work
happy.gif

Liewlian, Adeline,

my 2yr old will beat his 3yr old brother, me and my hubby when he is throwing tantrum. so far he has not hit anytone else *phew*

we have to catch his hands when he do that. sometimes I get hit when he upset in his car seat. than my hubby will scold him after he park the car.

I find alot of kids at this 2-4 yrs old age hit other kids. suppose to be a phase but we as parents have to remind them to apologise and stop doing.

I tried the time-out method and the naughty corner method on her last nite as she was throwing her temper for nothing.

I had to do more than 5 times in order to drill in the idea, she knew it was a punishment but she was simply too stubborn to open her mouth to apologize to us. That night, she was also crying in her dreams. I hope I was not too harsh on her.

I talked to her teacher and it seems like she is at a stage where she is dealing with her emotions and she uses violence to retaliate on others. So the teacher is encouraging her to voice out her anger instead of using her hands.

However, a part of me is glad that she knows how to protect herself because so far those kids shehit are very rough kids so I think she did such actions as self-defense. Of cos, I am telling her to tell the teachers instead of using her hands.

Is this what you call the Terrible Two stage???

liewlian,

terrible twos and threes.

they outgrow only at four/five. but it gets better.

I got a 2 and a 3 so somedays also v tired out by their tantrums

Dor, i used one tactic on my boy last time. When he hit someone/hurt someone, I'll ask him...do you like it when someone do this to you? (hit you, scartch you, snatch your toys , etc) i ask him to think. So far ok, but sad to say doesn't work on the mei mei...the same tactic.

mujmuj
haha sometimes when my girl plays too rough, I will tell her to hit herself the way she wants to hit us or to hit herself with the object she's playing with and ask her if it hurts her, she will do it and tells us with a smile that it hurts and she doesn't use that to hit us again...i think it's hard for kids sometimes to know that throwing a pillow is okay but throwing a book is a no no so we have to let them experience it themselves
happy.gif

Hi Mummies!

Luckily for my precious tyrannic princess, the violent stage is over. Her teacher wrote in her communication book that she can deal with her emotions better now and at least more willing to share toys with others!

Phew, what a relief!

Now, the problem I have with her is that she likes to use her fingers to peel the skin on her lip, there were 3 occasions that I had to use a scissor to cut off the skin as I was so worried if she keeps on peeling, it will bleed.

What can I do to make her stop? I am thinking of putting oilment or something spicy on her fingers, is it too cruel??

LiewLian
Maybe u can try to keep reminding her not to peel the skin and use other activities to distract her or keep her hands busy.

There's a period my boy likes to keep touching his lower part of his body. we kept telling him not to do it and i'll give him something to hold or play so he'll 'forget' touching himself. after sometime, he stop.

Rochelle
cute eggs. I hv the egg molds too. my friend got me the egg molds from malaysia cos sg dont hv. i like the fish n car design egg molds

YL,

went I go to buy at the store the other designs already out of stock. so just get this pair first. cost me USD 1.25 per pair

u saw quail egg molds? I see some quail egg molds very cute too.

i got many egg molds, but still cant resist the temptation to get more

hi,

sorry to disturb,i am looking for the 6 panel Haenim Play yard please PM me your price, condition and age of the play yard and collection place.

hi,

sorry to disturb,i am looking for the Haenim Play yard,if u r selling please PM me your price, condition and age of the play yard and collection place.

v. cute egg molds..actually the first time i've heard of it :p

my #1 is still not too keen in sharing toys...even when someone watches TV, she'll say "It's my show!" everything is mine mine mine...only when she wants to play wif baby bro's toys, she says she wants to share :p

any suggestions to make her more willing to share?

I think our kids these age tend to be possessive.
What I try to do is I will tell her to play for 5 more minutes and then pass her toys to her cousins. Give a buffer time and then ask her to share and give lots of confirmation and praises.

It takes time and patience...

I saw her teacher in her school telling 2 kids not to fight over toys, if A is playing 1st, then A has the right to tell B, not yet, I want to play. Then B has to wait, Teacher will praise B for nice waiting and then she will ask A to let B play after awhile and praises A. If 2 refuse to give in, no toys for them...

Hi Leng Leng,

I also don't know how come my precious is still not eating. But when it comes to his favourite biscuits and bread, he can eat real fast. I guess maybe hes lazy to chew. Normally he will deposit the rice or food at the side of his mouth then after awhile, he will spit it out.

my Dec05 boy is 14kg > 90cm, Dec04 boy is 18kg > 100cm.

hard to measure height as they wont keep still standing at the growth chart.

last time i weighed my girl, a couple of weeks ago, she's already 17kg! no idea height, should check that out but she's way past the "90cm" must pay for everything standard here haha....but she eats terribly though so dunno how come can gain weight?? her diet is soooooo limited so sometimes she takes a bite or two and that's it for breakfast or dinner...she gets fed at the CC for lunch....anyway my hubby always tells me to stop worrying about her eating so it's good to know that she's of a heavier weight

Leng Leng
wow your #3 is really big! my #2 is already 8 mths old and just barely 9kg :p....he's not that interested in food at all *haiz*, funny thing is that he was almost 4kg at birth weight so a big hefty newborn but now he's on the skinny side :p....he's quite tall though, 93cm at 7 mths.

Happy Birthday to all the December kids
happy.gif

how time flies and our precious darlings are turning 3!!! DH and I are still amazed at how cute kids are
happy.gif
Now our little girl sings and recites rhymes and plays games...so fun and cute
happy.gif

Back