Singaporean Parents and kid delivered Overseas and application for Singapore Citizenship

lini86

Hi, Myself and my husband are both Singapore Citizens by naturalization. Our baby girl was born couple of weeks ago overseas and we have applied for Singapore Citizenship for the child online along with the overseas birth certificate.

We have not taken any other citizenship/passport for the baby. Kid and myself are still overseas and plan to come back to Singapore ASAP after the Corona settles down

Have any of you gone through the similar situation and how long did it take for the Singapore Citizenship Outcome for the kid?

Thanks

Hi, Myself and my husband are both Singapore Citizens by naturalization. Our baby girl was born couple of weeks ago overseas and we have applied for Singapore Citizenship for the child online along with the overseas birth certificate.

We have not taken any other citizenship/passport for the baby. Kid and myself are still overseas and plan to come back to Singapore ASAP after the Corona settles down

Have any of you gone through the similar situation and how long did it take for the Singapore Citizenship Outcome for the kid?

Thanks

Hi, our child was born in the USA and we flew back to Singapore to apply for the citizenship because there wasn’t a Singapore embassy at where we stayed. Approval took less than 3 months.

Hi, our child was born in the USA and we flew back to Singapore to apply for the citizenship because there wasn’t a Singapore embassy at where we stayed. Approval took less than 3 months.

Thank you. How old was your kid when you had applied for his SG citizenship?

Greetings! Our child, born in the USA, led us to return to Singapore for citizenship application due to the absence of an embassy where we resided. Remarkably, the approval process was swift, taking less than three months. May I ask at what age you initiated the Singapore citizenship application process for your child? Much appreciated!

Back