Any one TTC tried the TCM at EU REN SANG Paragon??

Hi

I was pregnant when i was under 'Xia Rong' at Paragon EYS but with assisted reproductive techniques too. Besides taking the powder medicince from EYS, I also had accupuncture there. That was in 2006.

But I understand since late 2006 Xia Rong only come to Spore once a month..

Hi,

i was pregnant in 2006 under Dr Xia Rong too like stumbled_by. powder med+accupuncture and conceived naturally after 2 cycles. now my boy is coming to 2.5 years old!

now thinking of going back to see her for TTC-ing #2..

btw, my problem was irregular menses (no ovulation?). read that acupuncture is effective for curing such problems and it seems to be true in my case.

Hi,

I am trying for #2 and just went to EYS at Tampines branch. May I know is it enough for just taking powder or need to go for acupuncture too?

Tanglin, how much they charge per visit?

Hi mambobb,

i visited EYS paragon recently. total charges was $220+ (consultation +21 days of medication).

Powder or acupuncture or both - i think it depends on the individual's condition. acupuncture works quite well for me in the past and hopefully it will help me this time round too.

how old is your #1? Good luck!

Tanglin, my #1 just turned 18mths so thinking trying #2 now.

For the EYS, is it the senior physician did for u?

I asked the one @ Tampines and she said that with acupuncture, our body will improve faster. Still considering it coz abit budget constraint.

i am seeing Dr Zhong currently.
used to see Dr Xia Rong when ttcing #1 but she shutters between Singapore and China now.

if you want to get pregnant asap, then acupuncture+medication may expediate the ttc process(again depending on your medical condition). otherwise, perhaps you can try for a few cycles first on medication alone before investing in acupuncture. maybe you will get lucky in the first few tries and do not need acupuncture after all?

just my 2 cts.. :-)

Hi Tanglin!

I hve been seeing Dr Xia Rong for a while but still no news. Thinking of trying acupunture.

But like what you have mentioned, it's a bit inconvenient now that Dr Xia only comes to Singapore 1 week per mth.

How's Dr Zhong? Did she also do acupunture? Can I know when do you usually do acupunture (immediately after menses or just before ovulation, etc)? Also, how often do you need to do considering the costs?

Tks.

Hi Jesstch,

i've only seen Dr Zhong 2x cos i just resumed treatment recently. so far so good. nice lady, rather attentive and answers my queries patiently.

yes, she does acupuncture too. i usually do acupuncture once a week after my menses end. can't remember whether i'm supposed to stop after ovulation or continue the weekly treatment till confirmed pregnant though..update you later after this cycle.

did Dr Xia Rong also recommend you acupuncture? according to the staff at EYS, you can still continue to see her, just that she will assign another physician to handle the acu if you need to come in when she's not in SG.

Good luck!

Hi Tanglin!

Dr Xia Rong has not suggested acupuncture yet. Do you think I should suggest or wait for her to recommend? When did she recommend acupunture to you previously? After trying a few times of the medication? I'm getting rather impatient liao...sigh...

I started seeing her after my miscarriages. But after trying her medication, still no news....subsequently changed to another physician recommended by my friends thinking can save some costs but my cycle seems to lengthen leh....so thinking of going back to EYS again...

Can I know roughly how much you spend for each acupunture and how long it takes?

Think it's better to have someone who sees u and do the acupunture for you, rite? Hve tried searching the web but do not seem to find Dr Zhong to be registered as an acupunturist leh..strange....do not think EYS will allow such thing to happen given their reputation....hmmm

Jesstch,

when i was seeing Dr Xia Rong, we started acupuncture treatment right away cos i mentioned to her that i was pregnant the year before (but miscarried at 6 weeks) after going through acupuncture in another place. since my problem is no ovulation, the fact that i managed to get preggie means that acupuncture has helped me to ovulate.
i suppose there's no harm suggesting to her and get her opinion. maybe you can also ask her directly whether she feels acu will help to improve your condition in particular.

i just went for an acu session and it costs $70+. should be around 45 minutes per session.

Dr Zhong was described as a 'licensed TCM physician and acupuncturist' under her biodata on the eys website. same description as Dr Xia Rong.

understand how you feel about getting impatient. just a few months ago, people around me were getting pregnant/delivering their 2nd child practically non-stop. i'm learning to tune it out and not let it affect my mood too much. :)

Hmm..interesting info. nvr realised that till you point it out..maybe can call up EYS to confirm? a bit sensitive for me to ask them now since i'm already seeing her.

just after i finished typing my reply to you, went to the playground with my son and was told that another mommy is pregnant..hen zhun hor?

Hv a great weekend!

Hello there,

Would like to find out, has anyone tried Dr Zhong at EYS paragon before? Can you share how much it'll cost for consultation? Is her accupuncture good? has anyone succeed under her?

Hi all,

I just got married early this year, but am feeling the pressure to get pregnant as all my hubby's siblings seem to get preggy very easily (brother had 3 kids within 5 years, older sister 2 kids within 3 years, younger sister 4 kids within 3 years including 1 set of twins).

I'm seeing Dr Zhong at EYS paragon (1st consultation just yesterday) and would like to find out whether she's good or not. I told her that I am diagnosed with PCOS by western gynae and my menses comes very irregularly, but she only prescribed powder medicine and didn't suggest accupuncture.

Can I check if accupuncture is more effective? Please advise, thanks!

Hello Gillian,

Just want to check with you, did you ask Dr Zhong if accupuncture is required?

Also, how much did it cost you? Med and consultation?

i saw Dr Zhong 1 and a half weeks ago.
She gave me powder for about 17 days...total cost was $220. Was exp... but i hope it works...

Hi all

My husband and me did visited Dr Xia Rong for 4 months but with no results. The powder prescribed was quite ex. Both my husband and mine powders normally cost us ~$600.

I'm seeing EYS dr at South Bridge road. Cos my fren goes there for her menes cramp & after birth 'bu'.

I initially wanted to see Xia Rong but a calculation of the cost is abt $500 (min) per mth based on 1mth powder & consultation. Since she sees once a mth. Haven't even add in accupuncture (if any)

I can't substain this type of cost for long term (mot TCM is based on long term 'tiao' of body) so i forgo the appt with Xia Rong ...

Even if under her supposedly higher chances of getting Preg (based on past stories) I won't hv the $$ for bb after seeing her !!

Hi ,
For my case , I have been trying for 4 months conceiving but no result.So, I went to see my gynae and I am not given any medicine by my gynae as he suggest I try natural way and with the help of calculation of oval date, no result.

So I went to Dr Zhong Xi Min at Eu yan sen ( paragon). She is a nice lady with listening ear about my case.She also suggest I try natural way with the help of 1st round of medication.But unfortunately, there's no news.Then I went back to my gynae which he find out I do not ovulate during my last menses.So he prescribe me with clomid for 1st round ,still not result. I therefore return back to Dr Zhong Xi min again for consultation as I believe in TCM method.

After telling my case, she strongly disagree with my gynae of my prescription of clomid and want me to try natural way and with the help of her 2nd medication .She also ask me to relax and dun stress up. During half way through of my 2nd medication with her( I did not even finished all the medicine which she give me for 2nd round), I found that I am already 6 weeks pregnant ...
I think stress did take a part in conceiving as well.Cos when I learnt that I dun ovulate during my last menses, I thought I may need more time on medication , I loose abit of hope during that time. So I relax more on my ML session hee hee..

But be prepared ,the medication cost not cheap at all, I spend about $500++ for my 2 medication with Dr Zhong Xi Min.

Hi, I am new here. I just MC when i am 5 weeks pregnant.....i did a d n c last year in May when the gynae found out that there is no bb in the sac...
was devasted when i mc this month again...been trying for 2nd bb....my boy is 2 yrs old nw....

Does TCM really helps? EYS so ex hah....but will be gg down to see Dr Zhong on 29 mAY....to nurse back my health first....b4 trying again....
frankly speaking, i do not have the courage to try again......

Hi,I'm new here. I was looking at ur posts and would like to ask if accupuncture is painful cos I cant take pain... I am trying to conceive for 1 yr but no news. had seen a chinese physician but still no luck. After seeing your comments on Dr Zhong, was thinkig to try, Is the doc a she? located at Paragon? Do i do walk in or have to make appt? Must my husband come along?

Hi Koo Lena,
Dr Zhong is a female physician and she is located at paragon.But sinc I went there back in 2009, it would be better to check with the clinic first if she is still station at paragon. For my case, I went alone for 1st appointment, but no harm if husband wants to tag along.But it would be advisable if you did your scan before gg as she will help to facilitate your condition after scanning with you doc or gynae.Eu Yan Sen do provide scanning service if not wrong , but have to go to another clinic.

Hi Linda Ong,

I know how you feel, I MC at 9 weeks after seeing fetal heartbeat, and i MC again 5 months later at 6 weeks. Am trying for my 1st child...and even more taken aback because I thought my age (am 24) would mean lesser difficulty.

Don't give up...have you tried everything yet? My gynae has recommended I try TCM to strengthened my body, and then try again...

Hi ladies,

I'm here to share my blog post on a very old method use for ppl trying to concieve. This is call the BBT (Basal Body Temperature). I dearly believe in this method as the first trial. I'm 3 months pregnant now. U can also use this method while u r on TCM. This method help time your bedding at the right time for baby.

http://www.mywedding.com/vinloveshui/blog_post_90171.html

Btw, if you are underweight/overweight, is best you try to slim/put on weight too. If your work is stressful n need to OT all the time, is best to change environment too. Same goes to your hubby.

*Baby dust to everyone here. Good Luck. =)

Back